We got our Easter weekend kicked off with a little egg dyeing! This was our first attempt at such a task with a toddler, so I went for the simplest dye kit. Just dye and stickers! So Friday morning Jake and I went out in the carport and got to it...
Jake dropped the eggs into the dye.
After a few minutes we couldn't wait any longer and I lifted our pretty little eggs out of their cups.
Jake really liked the blue one...oops!
That was fun for a few minutes...then Jake found there were lawnmowers on the newspaper we had laid down on the ground...much more interesting than colored eggs!!
4 of the 6 eggs were intact...not bad odds for being handled by an 18 month old little boy!
After they dried we did the sticker faces...
It was a cute little project. I really enjoyed it because I have such vivid memories of dyeing eggs as a child. But of course I got all serious about it and blew out the eggs and did the fancy designs on the egg shells. This was much more FUN!
Saturday morning the Easter bunny came to our house! He brought some really nice things for Jake and hid a bunch of eggs around our yard.
He was so excited that there was a surprise for him OUTSIDE so early in the morning. I am quite sure that if the bunny left Jake's basket inside it would not have been nearly as exciting for him.
Jake had gotten practice hunting eggs at school last week, so he was ready to go and very serious about this egg hunt.
"Mine" is Jake's favorite word right now...so this chair that actually is HIS was very exciting!
Then he got into the PEEPS! He was so sweet to share his peep with his little duck baby!
Jake most often "plays" with books, so he was happy to have a few fresh books to read.
Saturday afternoon John David needed to do some work in the yard. Jake got his fleet of vehicles lined up and ready to help his Daddy.
It couldn't have been a better Saturday...lots of family time enjoying the beautiful weather and starting new family traditions.
Sunday morning we went to church..
...and spent some time with our extended family for a wonderful lunch
the cousins had a big time with more Easter baskets and egg hunting!
Jake is a hoarder!
Our BFF's joined us for lunch. Jake loved having his Emmy and Greggy at Nana and Pop's house!
What a perfect weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment