Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mamarazzi goes nuts!

I have not been practicing my photo taking skills at all lately! (I hesitate to call it photography skills b/c that just sounds too professional for me!)   I think it has a lot to do with my new phone...I just end up taking my phone and snapping quick pics of the boy where ever we go.  SO...I decided I needed to get back to my beloved DSLR.  I managed to pick the hottest day of the year to take Jake and his BFF Riley to the park for some practice. 










What a boy's boy he is!  Love that about him.

If Jake is all boy...Riley is ALL girl!  It was hard to take a bad picture of this beautiful girl!







After an hour of having a camera in his face Jake got a little irritable.....

I think this is so funny!  I promise he loves her!!
 
This is really how we all felt after an hour or so in the heat!

Anyhoo...I did get some practice.  I think they turned out pretty good. The area that I find I am struggling the most is lighting!  It is hard for me to figure out where to put my little subjects to keep their faces from being shadowey.  Could be a problem with the time of day we were shooting.  It is just hard to get to kiddos to the park before 9am! 

Any tips and encouragement are welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I hope to have a nice camera and learn sone tricks of the trade one day, as well! Good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete