Thursday, January 26, 2012

A day in the life!

This is the tale of a very ordinary Tuesday. 

It began around 8:30am when I noticed that we were supposed to be leaving NOW to take Jake to preschool!  He was still asleep!  This is not normal...I wish it was!  So I went in his room and found the reason why he was sleeping so well...the same reason I sleep so well...he had his face totally covered up!


Man!  That makes for some good sleeping!  He was so groggy I decided to forget rushing him out of bed and hurrying to school.  We just sat together for a long time until he was ready to face the day.  It was very sweet...getting this boy to sit still long enough to cuddle is quite a task so I take advantage when I can!

So we grabbed some milk and waffles to eat in the car and headed out!


Just chillin' waiting to hang with his boys at school! (literally his boys!  there are no girls in his class!)

He went happily to his class and I went happily to do some grocery shopping and to buy Jake some non-high water jeans.

Then 3 short hours later it was time to go get my boy and head home for some lunch.

With all the sleep he had that night, Jake was up for some playtime outside before nap.  What a boy! He goes directly for a stick (or maybe its a sword or hammer or ax to him). 


Then right on cue the mail truck came.  Jake loves to wave to the mail man!


Jake settles in to his favorite sitting spot and reads his mail.


I do the same...


What does a boy do when he needs to carry all his mail and have a free hand for picking up rocks and sticks?  Put his mail in his mouth of course!


Then it was time for NAP! 

When Jake woke up we had a stuffed animal party in his crib.  Jake loves his "Aubie Tiger" that Santa brought him.

We had some play time and I cooked dinner for the boys...

Jake said his prayers:

Daddy enjoyed his pork chops and mashed potatoes.


This was a special night - I skipped dinner with my little family and went out to dinner with my favorite girls!



It was a great day.  This seems very dull and boring, but I cant help but think that when Jake is 16 with a mess of little brothers and sisters I will want to look back on days like this.  These days are so precious and will be gone before I know it.  I just want to treasure them!





1 comment:

  1. First of all, I love this blog! Secondly, Jake's level of preciousness is actually painful. love y'all!

    ReplyDelete