Last week John David and I had a little get-away to Memphis for a Spring Green regional conference. We dropped off Jake with his Nana and Pops and hit the road! It was great because we didn't have any time commitments until Tuesday when he would be in meetings. It is amazing how much you miss just being able to stop and eat when YOU want to instead of being on a 1year old's schedule. We took our time and enjoyed the drive. When we got to Memphis we checked in and went out to dinner with the guys from Spring Green Corperate. John David and I, who are usually in bed at 9:30, took advantage of our vacation status and went out on Beale Street after dinner with a few of the guys. It was a Monday night, so it was pretty quiet, but we still got to hear some good live music.
John David and his buddy Dave from Spring Green Corperate
(JD looks hilarious!)
John David, RJ, Ted and Dave
These men know how to make some green grass!
Here is a shot of Beale...I am told this place is usually packed and crazy, but it was a Monday night and also MLK Day. I was actually happy that it was quiet...I am not much into the crazy bar scene!
The next day John David was in meetings all day so I explored Memphis a little. My knowledge of using the navigation system was not so great and a few times I ended up in some not so safe sections of town, so I gave up and went back to the hotel and read the Hunger Games (so good!)
Tuesday night we decided to go to Rendezvous for some ribs and catch a movie.
YUM! The ribs were awesome!
It was a great little vacation! We were all happy to have our family all back together though.
No comments:
Post a Comment